- On the note of teachers, I don't think 90% of people realize how much work they put in. Doing these observations and being a little behind the scenes for this past semester has made me see this even more. I don't think I was ever really rude or super disrespectful of my teachers when I was in high school, but I know I didn't give them the credit and appreciation they deserved. So if there are any high schoolers out there reading this (which I highly doubt, but you never know) give your teacher a break. Smile. Be quite. Or at least say thank you everyone in awhile.
- Next week I will be teaching two lessons - one of which I will be making my own lesson plan. I'm really excited. :) I know it may be odd, especially coming after my last bullet, but I really do love teaching and helping people get to that 'Ah-ha!' moment. And if I have to get walked on a little by bratty teenagers to do it, so be it.
- Staying on the teaching note - I hope when I am a teacher that my students like me - doing these observations I've noticed that some teachers teach in a almost condescending way, they almost talk down to their students. While others try to more relaxed and easy going and end up getting walked over... I hope I can find that middle ground of being a role model, mentor, friend, while still being respected as their teacher.
- I feel like I was way too serious for way too long with those last 3 bullet points.
- Me and Breadon went to the dollar store on Valentines day (well, Valentines day eve) and bought glow wands. We then proceeded to take random pictures with our camera and a long exposure. Best 2 dollars ever spent. Observe:
- After dinner, playing some Mario Wii, the dollar store adventure, and picture fun we watched a Jet Li movie that I had gotten for Braedon. Yup, that's right. Kung Fu movie on Valentines day. So awesome. You're jealous. Admit it.
- Sunday I had to speak. Yipee. While I don't really get nervous for speaking, I still don't like it very much... But had I decided to speak on Hope and I think it went pretty well. My parents and Braedon at least said it was good, but I'm not sure how much they can be trusted. ;) But in either case, I still love the subject of hope. Maybe I'll post a version of the talk on here sometime and spread the message of hope a little more. We'll see.
- I just saw a boy that has cauliflower ear. So gross. *shudder*
- I love not having school or work on Monday's. I did absolutely nothing yesterday besides Veg, take a bubble bath while reading Pride and Prejudice, and watching some TV with my daddy. Fantastic. :)
- I'm not sure why, but lately I've been in this "I love and am always craving Funyuns" kick. This kick is especially strong right now.
- I just heard this statement from a girl talking to another girl who just gasped at the fact that she ate two whole reese's cups: "But you didn't eat the peanut butter, which is where all the calories is". There are so many things wrong with this statement, beginning with the fact that she didn't eat the peanut butter! What's the point of eating a reese's with out the peanut butter? Second, she had two little reese's cups, is this really going to cause damage to your tiny little body? Thirdly, "where the calories is"? Not "where the calories are" Wow. Awesome.
- We are less then three months away from the wedding now. :) Slowly but surely we are getting there, and as the time get's closer it seems little more real. I can't believe we've been engaged longer then we have left now! Woot.
- I am now home, eating mashed potatoes and jello cause I'm just that awesome. :)
Till next time.