http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

1/13/09

New Year, New Blog.

I haven't written on this as well as I should, so I thought I'd do a little update on the life that is Katie's.

It's now 2009, as I hope you are all aware, which is crazy to think about for me. Though there are days, or weeks, or even months that seem to drag on, time still finds a way to fly by.

School has started back up again, and it honestly feels like I never even stopped. It's kind of funny how you can get so used to a routine that you just fall right back into place with out losing a breath. I'm only taking 9 credits this semester, and I'm still a little weirded out by that. It's funny to think when I started college I first took 18 credits, then 17 credits, then 14 credits, then 12 credits and now I'm to 9. Haha. See a pattern? I actually would like to take more credits so I could get done faster, but sadly with prerequisites and and some classes only being offered once a year that isn't possible. Oh well, I'm already starting to enjoy the slower pace and I think that this semester will be a little less stress for my brain, so that's good. :) The three classes I'm taking this semester will still take a lot of work though, so I'm not expecting it to be TOO easy. I'm taking Abstract Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations (and my teacher is Chinese, and I can only understand about half the words that come out of his mouth... :S), and Complex Variables. Luckily it's to the point where you know almost half your class in each class, so we can all help each other out! Anyways, that's pretty much my update for school.

I've finally got my car. For those who don't know I got in a car accident on December 30th. Someone T-Boned me. Super fun huh? Ya not so much. But no worries, no one was hurt... well besides me with some major whiplash. But I've gone to the chiropractor a few times and it's getting better. :) But my new car, a Subaru Impreza, is a manual! I, for those who don't know, have never driven a manual. So my brother Taylor took me out for about an hour last Saturday and taught me. He was a really good teacher and I'm grateful he was willing to go out with me. So now I can drive my car, and that's happy! Though I still kill it every once in a while, but what are ya gonna do? It will get better with more practice. Or so I'm told. ;)

With the New Year I find myself like everyone else thinking about the past and the future. There is always something a little exciting about a New Year, and I'm not really sure why. I actually made some goals, or 'resolutions' if you will, this year. Usually I hate the idea of making resolutions each new year, my thoughts being that if you want to change something about yourself, why does it have to be on January 1st? But I was thinking about my life the other day (so technically it was about a week after the New Year, so I don't feel too bad about it) and what things I would like to be better at. And I decided on 3 main things. One, is to go to the temple at least once a month. Cause let's be honest, we have plenty of temples around us and I know that I take them for granted sometimes. So going at LEAST once a month shouldn't be that hard to do. Second, is to bear my testimony out loud for often. I realize that this isn't that hard or fancy of a goal, but I just think I could share what I know more often. Third, is to be more service oriented. Whether that is being there for a friend, or helping someone with homework, or just little acts of kindness to people. So there you have it, hopefully I stick to them!

Anywho, I think that's about it as for updating my life. Not super exciting I know... but it's my life none the less, and I still love it. :) I still have my downs, like everyone else, but for the most part I'm doing good and I still can't believe how blessed I am. :) I hope you are all doing good out there in blogger land (or that grand total of maybe 2 people that might actually read this). Have a great week!

No comments: