It has been a crazy, long, stressful, exciting, happy, week. We've had some ups and downs...
Some of the downs looked a little like this:
- The Fridge that was supposed to be delivered on Friday between noon and 4:00 was rescheduled to later that day at 5:30, and then again to the next morning at 8:00. 8:00 AM rolls around with no call so I finally get a hold of the delivery people to find out one of the drivers had fallen on the ice and called in that day so our fridge was then rescheduled again for the afternoon. Finally it arrives Saturday around 1:00... with a dent... La sigh. (I did have the delivery man call in and we got a 100 dollars off the price for the small dent - so that was nice at least). Then later on the ice-maker started to act wonkey and I have yet had the time to call back about that...
- The Internet that was also supposed to go in on Friday got rescheduled to the next week due to the technician calling in sick. Once they got there (again between Noon and 6 - what is with companies giving HUGE windows for appointments!?) we soon found out that our line wasn't working. So after more calls and Emails we got a hold of the right people to send the electricians over who found a couple of cuts in the line, having already traded one of my days of work and not wanting to do another they were nice enough to put in a temporary line for us until the new line can be rerun. So after all the stress and chaos we now finally have our Internet up and running... here is hoping the real line gets fixed soon!
But the up's out weighed those downs and looked like this:
- The fact that we have a brand new beautiful home with more then enough space for us to grow in is amazing in of itself. We love our home. We love the tall ceilings, the tall windows, the storage space, the two car garage, the neighborhood, and of course all the colors and such that we got to hand pick out, etc etc. Seriously it's a wonderful home and I know it's the right place for us to be right now. :)
- Putting up our Christmas tree and other Christmas decoration. I love having a big tree (Thanks again Nat!) Before we never had room for anything big and I'm so happy to come down stairs to this beauty each morning. :) Plus having my mama there decorating with me while the men folk moved heavy stuff was so much fun and brought back a lot of good memories of decorating with her the day after Thanksgiving. :)
|Rose loves the tree too.|
|Love at that tree! And those windows! Yay!|
- Finding Rose walking around with this picture like it was the greatest toy since ever. Not sure where she got the picture but it is now hanging on the fridge cause she loves it so much. :)
|We look so little! Love him so much!|
- Being able to let Rose climb up and down stairs to her little climbers heart desire. She seriously loves stairs and I'm pretty sure started to climb stairs before she was really any good at crawling... in the home we were staying at they had hardwood floors and stairs so I didn't feel comfortable letting her experiment on those, but having carpet again is heaven.
- Doing laundry in a laundry ROOM. Rather then a bathroom that happens to have our washer and dryer in it. So. Nice.
- Sleeping on our own bed that we haven't looked at for the past three months.
- Unpacking and organizing our stuff into the new space. While it's a bit exhausting and daunting sometimes, I really do like to organize and unpack, it's nice to see everything come together!
- Getting rid of our GIANT desk that takes up half the room it's in and buying a new smaller desk for our cute little loftish space upstairs. There is something so refreshing about getting rid of stuff...
|Love our little desk and reading nook. :)|
|For some reason this upside piece of carpet we were using as a rug while moving stuff in is her|
favorite place to sit...
|Crawling around being silly with Spook!|
|She loves peeking around this little wall and saying "HI!"|
|Silly faces (even Spook got his little snout in! Ha!)|
And never fear - once pictures and decorations are up we will take some photos and hopefully have a house warming party as well! :)
Thanks for all the help and congratulations - we love you all!