Okay. So I've been neglecting this blog - partly on purpose party not. I was waiting to blog for when we had officially closed on our house... but apparently that's being put off by another week, and I'm done waiting.
So let's do a little update on events, shall we?
- Let's start with the big one - our townhouse. This honestly has been such a frustrating experience. It started out fine - we were really excited. We made sure to give back forms and such super quickly. I felt very 'adult' being on top of everything they asked of us. Unfortunately it ended up not mattering how well we were on top of things as our Mortgage guy wasn't quite on top of things himself. It's a long and frustrating story - one I would be happy to tell in person if you really are interested but choose not to bore the other 99.99% of people who read this blog that would rather not hear it. Needless to say, we should be good to go at this point and should close sometime next week. *crosses fingers*
- Once we finally close we will be able to start on all the renovations that need doing to make this house our home. We need to tile the bathrooms, paint, and put in new carpet (seriously - what could have made those stains... do I want to know? No... I don't.) - it's going to be hard work, but well worth it. I honestly can't wait to start.
- This weekend Braedon, myself and Braedon's dad are going to Seattle for a little get a way. We'll be there until next Tuesday and I'm so excited. First off - I get to go on a plain (this doesn't happen often for me). Secondly - for some reason I have always wanted to go to Seattle. I've always felt drawn to the state of Washington in general that I can't believe I actually get to go! And thirdly I'm excited to get away from all the stress and challenges that the month of May has sent our way - starting June out with a trip to Seattle seems a perfect way to start off fresh and leap into new challenges and adventures that will be coming our way. Happy (weekend before my) Birthday to me! :)
- Speaking of June. What the June!?
- Matt & Kim concert on the 20th! Last time I went to this concert with some friends was such a blast that I can't wait to go back and dance my little heart out. This concert only adds to the goodness that is going to be June.
- Braedon and I are going to the Midnight showing of X-Men: First Class tonight with a couple of friends (hi Cam and Blake! (I'm sure neither of them actually read this blog, but it doesn't hurt to give a shout out)). I haven't been to a midnight showing of a Movie since Inception and I'm kinda excited... plus a little nervous for having to go to work the next day, but I can't wait to see the movie. Katie+Braedon = X-Men Geeks. *Enter squeal of excitedness here*
- I just realized I never blogged about our 1 year anniversary - this sort of makes me feel like a blogging failure (but not really). We had a wonderful relaxing anniversary. I can't believe it's only been a year, yet an entire year since Braedon and I finally got married. I have only fallen more and more in love with this wonderful man I get to call Best Friend and Husband - especially this past month I have felt his strength and his love for me. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. I love him so much and can't wait for another year. :)
- Speaking of firsts - Braedon and I have made out first family scrapbook. It's not really scrapbooky in the fact that we made it through blurb.com. But it's big, colorful, jam packed with pictures, and wonderful. We've showed it off to all our family already. We love it! We plan on doing one each year - so much easier (for this not so crafty person) then real scrap-booking.
- I've decided this summer is gonna be MY summer (sorry for stealing it from all of you... I can be selfish at times). Why? Because I can, and because I want to. :)
I think thats all I have for now. I hope all of you are doing well in the blogsphere (if there ARE any out there in the blogsphere - sometimes I feel as if I'm speaking to myself... and then thinking maybe writing blogs isn't the most 'sane' activity there could be...).
Loves and hugs! :)