Winter is here! Once upon a time I used to not like Winter so much. In fact I would even go so far as to say that I hated winter.
What. Was. I. Thinking?
I'm not sure when I changed my mind about Winter... But I think it was because of last year when we had such a crazy winter, and I absolutely loved it. :) I've decided that the reason why I always had such a tiff with Winter was because we never really had a lot of snowfall. We would get the extreme cold, crappy road conditions and then no fun snow to play in to make up for the rest. I don't think I always hated Winter, I remember when I was little I used to LOVE winter and playing in the snow. But when I was a kid we were in a 'wet spell' and actually got lots of snow, I think we are out of our 'dry spell' and back into the 'wet spell'! And I am so happy.
So what do I love so much about Winter? Well I'll just go right ahead and tell you my main 5 things!
1. Snow Activities. Like I said, there needs to be enough snow for you to be able to actually DO something in it. I love all kinds of snow activities. You have sledding, skiing, tubing, snowball fights, snowmen (or in my family's case snow-frogs and snow-toilets), forts, snow angels, and just plain walking in the snow (especially when it's falling). SO much fun is to be had! :)
2. Ice skating. And I know what you may be thinking and no ice skating does not count as a snow activity - it's called ICE skating, not SNOW skating. :) I love ice skating. I'm not really sure why I love it so much but I do. Gliding on the cold ice is so relaxing and fun, sometimes I feel like I'm flying! I can't wait to go!
3. Snow Accessories. Now I'm sure that if anyone is reading this then you probably know me well enough to know that I've never been one to have or wear a lot of accessories and/or jewelry. But winter accessories are my favorite - hats, beanies, scarves, gloves, long coats. I love them. Especially gloves and beanies. :)
4. Hot Chocolate. I loooove hot chocolate. Especially how I make hot chocolate. Here is how it goes: go to a 7-11, get the regular cup (16 oz.), get the plain Hershey's hot chocolate and hold down the button a little more then what they tell you to on the machine, then put 1 and 1/2 package french vanilla creamer in, 1/2 package Irish creamer in, a little squirt of carmel, sprinkle in a little cinnamon and a little sugar and mix it all up! Soooo good. :)
5. The snow itself. Yes, it deserves it's own number. Even when I'm not out playing in the snow it still amazes me and make's me so happy. It is so pretty. Snow has such a soft and quiet beauty to it and even, like Lorelai Gilmore says, a romantic quality to it that just simply make's me happy and calm. :)
So there you have it. I'm excited for this winter and hopefully I'll actually have time to go out and enjoy it, and hopefully you do too! :)