I can't believe it's August. Where on earth did our summer go!? Oh ya... that's right. Into the house. I get a little sad when I think of all the fun hikes and such we did last year that we haven't this year - but then I remember that we have a gorgeous house that we both love and I feel a little better.
I also feel that an update is in order. Mmmm yes? Yes.
- I finally feel that Braedon and I are settled in our new place. We had some friends over for Braedon's Birthday over the weekend and I loved having people to our house (not apartment) and to show off a little bit of what we have been working on all summer. Plus, I just always love seeing our friends. :)
- Speaking of friends - we also went to Snowbird this weekend with Team Awesome. Can I just say that I've missed this wonderful group of people so much! So glad to be done with renovations and to have a social life again. Love you all! :)
- I love our neighborhood. There is a little walkway that winds around the whole complex and I love it! Braedon and I took a walk on Sunday - barefoot and through the newly formed puddles from the recent rain storm. It was quite, peaceful, and oh so enjoyable.
- I also love that I can see the sunrise and sunset from my house - nothing blocks my view of the beautiful mountains and sky. So pretty. :)
- Braedon and I are going up to my Grandma's cabin with some family this weekend. Mmmmmm. Oh how I look forward to Cabin trips. It's always so relaxing and refreshing. The cabin is the perfect place to go somewhere to do absolutely nothing but what you want - read, play games, hike, skip rocks, read, sleep, eat, read, take walks, play games, and read. Sounds absolutely perfect to me.
- Speaking of Braedon. He is just so wonderful. I just thought I'd remind you all that he's amazing and I love him. Yesterday marks the day we starting dating - 6 years ago. That seems a little weird to me. When I hear people say "oh we've been together for 6 years" I think to myself "holy crap that's a long time!" but it doesn't feel like that for me. I'm so bless to be married to my high school sweetheart and my best friend of 12 years. He always works so hard for us and does so much for me (even if it's something as dumb as running down stairs to get my phone charger because I'm too tired and lazy to do it myself). He spoils me. He gives me strength. He gives me confidence in myself. He makes me smile, laugh, and giggle. He gives me such a sense of peace and comfort that I know no matter what comes our way we'll be okay.
- Sometimes I have bouts of cheesiness that others just have to indulge and deal with.
That's all for now.
Loves and hugs internets!