http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

11/2/09

One Step Closer

I find myself counting down time like an addict popping pills.

"It's Friday, that means you made it through another week"
or
"It's Wednesday, that means you only have half a week left and then you made it through another week"
or
"It's November! Only a month and a half and you are done with this semester and then only 4 more months and you are done with the next semester... and officially done!"
or
"These two packages of lead might actually last me the rest of my college career!!" (I seriously thought this while buying lead today at the bookstore)

Sigh.

I met with my adviser the other day to make sure I'm still on track for graduating this Spring and it looks like things are all set... I might have to take an extra class I wasn't planning on, but that's still to be determined (fingers crossed that I don't have to). I am so looking forward to being done with school, and moving on to the next chapter of my life. And I'm especially looking forward to not having any more homework, tests, stress induced coma's (though I'm sure these will still happen, just with different types of stress), and actually choosing not to have a social life--instead of it being forced on me. The light is there at the end of the tunnel and I can see it... I just hope I don't burn myself out before I get to it.

Anywho. On to other less lame topics.

1. I was able to play with my Kelci Dahling on Friday (Braedon was off Hunting with his dad). We went to the Temple (first time at the Provo Temple for me) and it was wonderful. And then we went to some Stake Dance of her's where I somehow got conned into being Dorthy (when originally I was going to be Punkie Brewster again) and wearing high heels. For those that don't know... I own one pair of high heels. They are boots. The only reason why I tolerate them is cause they make it so I don't have to shave on Sundays. :) But either way, heels or no heels, I had fun.

(Observe said high heels.)

(I think Kelci makes the cutest Tinwoman. :) )

2. We (as in Me, Braedon, Hilary, Alex, Garret and of course Ken) went to the Real Soccer Playoff Game on Saturday. We won. It rocked. Also on the same note, Utah won their game that day too. :)

(Don't ask why he puts up with me... I've been wondering that for years)

3. Halloween also happened to be Saturday. Me and the Bread Head went as Pirates. Observe:

(We make pretty hot pirates, just admit it.)


4. Ring shopping just might be happening in the not to distant future. :)

So there you have it. Just a couple of updates. Life is good. Busy, but good. More then good, really. Sadly I don't get to play as much as I would like, but when I do it just makes it that much better. And the thought that I am almost done completing such a huge goal makes things a little easier. And on the days that it doesn't... I think about moving to Ireland and being a professional Reader.




Sigh. If only. :)



2 comments:

Karissa said...

I feel ya, I too, am counting down the months until I graduate...I even put a widget countdown on my blog for it. I love school, but homework is the bain of my existence.

I just keep imagining having a few free evenings a week, weekends without worrying about what paper is due and that I should really start on my next project.

186 days.

Tiffany McLelland said...

You can do it Katie!! I totally feel you on the school thing. You don't have much choice but to take it a day/hour/minute at a time. Soon (no really- it is soon!) you will be done and it will be fabulous! When you are done with this semester, we girls should do lunch and go look at sparkly things, if you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down. :) Don't forget that you are super awesome, super smart, and super loved!