http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

1/18/11

Fedora's

So if you haven't been able to tell from the past few posts, I've discovered a love for fedora's. So much so that I've decided to collect them. So far I have 4, not much - but a collection's gotta start somewhere, right? I hope to one day have so many fedora's that when I'm old and bald I'll have enough to wear each day of the year (and rather then be called the 'Cat Lady' I'll be called the 'Fedora Lady', so much cooler).

Well, I figured if I am going to be collecting these hats I should probably know a little more about them then the fact that they are comfortable and I like how they look. So I turned to my trusty internet and discovered some fun stuff, including this:
The word fedora comes from the title of an 1882 play by Victorien Sardou called Fedora. The play was first performed in the U.S. in 1889. Bernhardt played Princess Fédora, the heroine of the play, and she wore a hat similar to what is now considered a fedora. The fedora became a female fashion which lasted into the early part of the twentieth century. When the fedora became a male fashion item, it was popular in cities for its stylishness, ability to protect the wearer's head from the wind and weather, and the fact that it could be rolled up when not in use.

Yes that's right. It was a women's fashion long before it was a men's fashion. I'm gonna bring it back! Also, my mom has always called me an old soul, so I guess wearing hats that were popular in the 20's suits me (though who knows if she meant that old). :)

Today's hat looks like this:
I wonder what my co-workers think of me while I take all these pictures of myself.


Anyone else collect anything? Or want to collect anything? If you want to, I say do it*! 


Love and hugs internet. :)


*Unless it's something uber creepy like toenails or earwax, then I would suggest not doing it.



No comments: